Are you planning on a camping trip? The camping gear which you carry with you will determine whether you enjoy the trip or
not. Things can undoubtedly get somewhat overwhelming when you are handling the travel plans, and at the same time, you are trying to figure out the camping gear you will need. To make things easier, here are some ideas of the must-have camping gear.
At the Campsite
You will need to have the following:
- Sleeping bag
- Camping pillow
- Flashlights and headlights. (Remember to carry extra batteries especially if you will be gone for a long time)
- Camp table and camp chairs
- Extras; these are items such as pegs to hang clothing, firewood, sleeping bag liners, cooler, and fishing or hunting gear, if you will be looking for your own food
There is nothing as scary and frustrating as being in the middle of a forest or isolated camping space, only to realise that you forgot to carry an essential tool or repair item. Some of the gear you must carry is as follows:
- Hammer/mallet. (For the tent stake)
- Matress repair kit
- Duct tape
- Saw/axe for chopping of wood
- Tent pole repair sleeve
This will depend on how long your camping trip will be, and the activities you plan to do while camping. Some of the items you must have include:
- Change of clothing; you should have clothing which matches the weather of the place you will be camping. Nights tend to be colder in the tent, so have some warm attire. You should also carry comfortable shoes since you will be on your feet most times.
- First aid kit; it is always advisable to expect the unexpected. A first aid kit should get you through insect bites, minor cuts, burns and other injuries. Remember to pack any medication which you take regularly.